Advent Saint Nicholas (ASN), an English language church in Quito, Ecuador, is looking for a pastor:
- Who will inspire us with a comprehensive vision for the church’s future and encourage the congregation to attain more consistent and active lay participation and leadership.
- Who can work with people of various denominational, confessional and theological backgrounds, maintaining unity within our diversity and enabling us to help one another grow in faith.
- Willing to explore with congregants (participants) their role in God’s world today, including their role as Christians living in Ecuador.
- Who will challenge us to gospel values through preaching and teaching.
ASN is an interdenominational group of individuals and families from the international community living in Quito, a fascinating city in a country where you can drive from the beach, through the high summits of the Andes, to the Amazon jungle in a day. The congregation includes both transient and permanent expatriate residents of Ecuador, as well as Ecuadorian nationals who are English speakers. We come together with the common desire to worship God in English, drawing on historic church liturgical traditions.
The congregation’s core values are as follows:
- Acceptance of diverse denominational and worship traditions
- Being empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Striving to make the church relevant in today’s world
- Making ASN an accepting and supportive community
- Continuous learning about ourselves and our faith
- Supporting one another in our respective journeys of faith
Essential Qualifications for Candidates
- Ordination and endorsement by a recognized church body
- Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent
- At least some basic competence in Spanish
- Familiarity with South American and Latin American culture and/or other cross-cultural experience in congregational leadership
- Computer competence: (creating and printing order of worship, and webpage management)
Compensation and Time Commitment
ASN receives no outside financial support from any church body. The pastor’s compensation is provided through congregational donations, tithing and fundraising. This basic compensation package helps to defray such expenses as housing, health insurance, travel expenses, etc. A two-year minimum commitment is asked of the successful candidate. The initial two-year contract can be renewed if the congregation and the pastor both desire to do so.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For a complete job description click here.